Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm French-ish

Today I jumped the turn style at the metro station because my Navigo was a no go. I think it registered with the first turn style but I didn't notice and then tried it again at a different one and I got some message that basically said "LA, you're SOL". Since I was on my way to the assistants orientation and didn't have time to stand on the line to figure out what was going on I just squeezed through the cracks.

On the way back "home" from the stage I my Navigo pass failed me again because it wasn't valid. Orientation was in zone 4 and my pass is only valid for zones 1-2. Since I attended the orientation with Amy, and she had a valid zone 4 pass I just walked through with her ticket.

I feel like such a rebel but when I think about it it's my way of saying "screw you" to the French administrative hassles that I've had to endure the past two weeks.

2 comments:

Roam2Rome said...

Hehe... that's funny, and no one noticed? The administrative hassles add up and begin to take their toll, I'm sure. Hang in there! Hope soon you'll be in your own cozy place, enjoying life in France without these hassles :)

wcs said...

How quickly you've gotten into the swing of things ! It must be the New Yorker in you. ;)