Friday, February 29, 2008

John's Visit A Recap

Wow what a crazy crazy week it has been with John in town. I can honestly say that I have never in my life laughed so much and enjoyed myself so much in one week. There were multiple occasions when I was brought to tears from laughing so hard. Unfortunately, we spent so much time partying that we didn't get in a lot of sight seeing and cultural things but I have a feeling John didn't mind.

Let's see if I can sum up the week for you dear readers. There was drinking and dancing on Saturday evening. I refer to this as the warm up. Sunday was essentially a day of rest but I did manage to drag John to the Aligre marché, my favorite Sunday morning activity. Monday was more drinking and dancing in the Marais. John participated in a ad hoc dance off at CUD with a fella named Stevie. It was close throughout but unfortunately, John was served. Tuesday was Ladies Privilege at L'Etoile. Somehow I managed to score my cronies and myself free bottles of champagne. It seemed like a good idea at the time but one of us who remain nameless ended up over served (no dear readers, it wasn't me I'm a complete angel).

On Wednesday afternoon we strolled Père Lachaise and by the end of the afternoon we were completely exhausted. Instead of retiring for a quiet evening we decided to meet John's friend Lamia who was showcasing her line high end women's line Asudari at the Vendôme Luxury Trade Show at the Hôtel Ritz. There was a cocktail reception where we enjoyed complimentary cocktails and were even treated to a Kafkaesque spectacle. On our way out we spotted Milla Jovovich taking a smoke break. The rest of the week included much of the same drinking, dancing, laughing and meeting new people. John had a blast and was extremely sad to leave me this afternoon. He's even flirting with the idea of moving to Paris himself he loved it that much.

As much fun as we had together I'm looking forward to a low key week ahead where I can give my body some much needed rest and recuperation before I begin my final weeks of teaching.

No comments: