Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday Was Mon Anniversaire

I'm not usually one to make a big deal out of my birthday or force my birthday celebration onto other people. I guess the reluctance to celebrate stems from two other girls in grade school sharing the same birthday as me. Because I wasn't the most popular girl in school the other students usually decided to attend one of the other birthday parties instead of mine.

So when my friends here in Paris found out that it was my birthday they insisted that it was a day to be celebrated. After some debate I stubbornly agreed solely because the selected location was Favela Chic. Favela Chic is a Brazilian restaurant turned dance club which has some of the best music and the best vibes of any dancing establishment that I've visited in Paris. The place was full of energy and almost every in the place dances which is rare for this city. It turns out that the food there is pretty good as well. So needless to say we ate and then danced our butts off for the entire night and I had the best time. Thanks Amy, Lillian, Opal, YM, Tatyana and Theresa for making my birthday one that I will never forget.

As if that wasn't enough, my friend Chi invited me over for dinner on Sunday because she couldn't make it out on Saturday night. As a special treat she baked me cupcakes using the recipe from Billy's Bakery in NYC and they tasted delicious. It was like a little touch of home all these miles away in Paris.

1 comment:

Towards Paris said...

Happy (much) belated birthday! That sounds like a great way to celebrate. I too am not one to make a big deal out of my birthday and I definitely am not one of those people who reminds everyone my birthday is coming up in a month! But it is nice when friends impose their will a bit and want to celebrate. :)

I look forward to reading more of your blog!