Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Apero Jazz Chez Le Faitout

I really enjoy my neighborhood in Paris and its surrounding quartiers, some may find it a bit 'hood but I really enjoy them for their authentic vibe and atmosphere. Last night on a whim I found myself at Le faitout, a restaurant in the 19th arrondissement of Paris where several musician friends of mine were playing a jazz set. It's easy to find oneself in hibernation mood during Parisian winters which is why I try to make a conscious effort to get myself out of my apartment as much as possible. I was hoping to grab a bite to eat there as well last night but to my disappointment they don't offer their standard menu on Monday nights. I really like their food because they don't offer your standard French fare and they serve dishes such as a vegetable lasagna, thai curry vegetables with rice and wait for it… free range chicken with a peanut sauce. Oh and did I mention that their prices are very, very, reasonable? It's one of those hidden gems in Paris that only locals seem to know about.

Despite the lack of dinner I had an enjoyable filled with friends, good music, vin chaud, popcorn and an impromptu game of Scrabble which I won of course. Really, who could ask for anything more?


No comments: