Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday Pulse Check #2

Days til Paris: 34

I can't believe that I'm moving to Paris in a little more than a month and the whole process started over 9 months ago.

Let's see, what haven't I accomplished this week?

For starters with I did not buy any luggage but I did look at a few pieces that caught my eye. I also haven't figured out where I'm going to live once I get to Paris. The maternal unit did not approve of my answer when she posed that question to me during a phone conversation today. I actually think it may be stressing her out more than me. Oh and lastly, still no arrete.

So now you're probably asking yourself "LA what exactly did you accomplish this past week?"

Well let me tell you, I found some potential parties to reassign my current lease. Management at my building wasn't interested in letting my roommate and I out of our lease 2 months early without forfeiting our security deposit unless we were able to find someone to take over our lease. So I did just that however I say "potential parties" as they have to go through the ol' rigamarole which involves credit checks and application approval. Here's the catch, the whole process takes about 4 weeks. Now if my calculations are correct, I may be on a plane to Paris before the whole thing is finalized. I hung out once again with my newfound fellow assistant friends, shout out to the newest member of the group Lillian.

Despite not purchasing any luggage I did manage to make a few key purchases on Saturday. I purchased this perfume to make all the French boys swoon when they catch a whiff of me as I'm going to need all the help I can get. I purchase this international converter and these noise cancelling headphones for my plane ride.

1 comment:

Roam2Rome said...

The perfume looks delicious!

No headphone link sweetie, just converter links! but now that I saw them, I wonder where I left my kit? Hmm... I wonder if I need a new one!

Ah, housing hassles! I know that too well... so no Paris apartment yet? a friend of mine just moved to Paris last month, and she struggled to find a place!