Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Are You Alvaro?

Let me start off by saying that I tweaked my blog layout the other day and I'm pretty sure that I hate it and it makes me want to puke. That being said I'm feeling a little too lazy to revert it back to it's old format and am hoping that the new layout will miraculously grow on me.

Moving right along, I went to Madrid this past weekend and the cold rainy weather from Paris followed us to Madrid which didn't help the little cold I caught sometime last week. On Friday morning we attempted to go to the Prado however we were confronted with a line that was at least a mile long if not two. I knew the Prado was a popular museum but I had never seen so many people lined up to enter a museum before. Turns out that last Thursday was Constitution Day and Saturday was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception which means that Spaniards turned out in droves celebrate. First at the Prado on Friday morning and then at Plaza Mayor on Saturday morning, afternoon and evening. Then everyone in Madrid decided to hit up the El Rastro market on Sunday morning. If you don't believe me check out the pics below:

Performer Entertaining People In Line at the Prado

Crowd at Plaza Mayor

Crowd at El Rastro

I Didn't Know That Chestnuts Grew on Trees (Maybe I should rename my blog "The Dumb Citygirl" that's catchy)

All in all, I had a great time in Madrid and I took plenty of pictures however, while there I longed to be back in Paris. I missed all of the cafes and boulangeries that Paris has to offer.

1 comment:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Yeah, Madrid didn't impress me too much either. But I looooved Sevilla... you should try to get down there sometime! (It's so much warmer, too, which doesn't hurt.)