Monday, August 25, 2008

Who Are You Calling An Animal?

I just had the most surreal moment in all of my time in Paris. I was walking down the street to get some lunch (alone of course) and I see some guy shouting at the top of his lungs. So I did what I normally do when I encounter crazies, I went along on my merry way but in this case I made the mistake of passing in front of him. Bad move, all of a sudden I became "Exhibit A" in his maniacal tirade and he proceeds to say in perfect English "look at this animal...blah blah blah George Bush this George Bush" and my initial reaction was to let out a "are you fucking kidding me" sign. But he wouldn't stop he proceeded to say something bad about my main man Barack Obama and called me an animal once more for good measure. So I did what any Bronx girl would do in a similar situation, I flipped him the bird (to the cheers and laugher of the onlookers) then went along my merry way.

Paris, j'adore!

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

That's REALLY bizarre!!! How dare he critique The Obama!!! Glad you gave him the bird.. Was he an American person or a foreigner? Because, I too.. saw a VERY crazy man yelling as he walked down the stairs in Les Halles metro.. In perfect English, cussing very bad words, I think he was an American reject that made his way to the subways of Paris, I think he was even an SDF!! Maybe it was the SAME guy... You never know... Glad you flipped him the bird!!

Justin said...

So yeah, it was probably a bad day for your to wear your American flag cape and "I heart Obama" T-Shirt. I mean come-on! hehe Good to hear you flipped him off... I would have tried to run away without saying anything.

The Un-Ashtangi said...

Leesa it was so strange. I couldn't tell if he was french and spoke perfect English or was a disgruntled American.

Justin very very fun. I love my Obama tshirt but I tend to not wear it to work. I do plan to wear it when he wins in Nov. though.