Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

My friend Amy gave me all of these nice Indian spices before leaving Paris. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before on my blog but Amy is an excellent cook and can through a great meal together out of the simplest ingredients. She can work wonders with a box of frozen peas.

Yesterday on my way home I stopped by a cute little store called Casa and purchased some glass containers to store the spices. Now I'm a little ashamed to admit this but transferring the spices from their previous containers to the new glass ones was the first time that I have touched the spices since Amy left. The problem is that Amy failed to tell me what the spices were and how to incorporate them into my cooking. So for the time being they will sit idle on my kitchen counter as decorative pieces until Amy gets her butt on a plane and comes back to Paris.

Amy also left me some spices for making homemade chai tea however each time I try to make the tea on my own it never tastes as good.

Mysterious Amy Spices

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could just go for broke and test them out.You never know...

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey, Animesh just moved to Paris...

Maybe we can all have an Indian cuisine party somewhere and make lots of dishes!!! Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

The second one is saffron...the next to the last looks like cumin (don't mispronounce it)..I guess your friend is into indian cooking