Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Got a Haircut in Paris and Didn't Cry

First of all I want to thank you all for your comments regarding my previous post. I'm mostly over it now and am moving on.

Yesterday, I cheated on my beloved Logan of Serenity Salon in NYC and let a Parisian styist near my tresses. While I had every intention to remain faithful to Logan during my stay here in Paris it became harder and harder as my split ends seemingly began to multiple by the hour over the past couple of weeks. So I was really left with no choice in the matter I swear.

I managed to find the Living Room salon by chance as through a friend of mine. On top of that, salon owner and stylist Matt happens to be my neighbor. I figured these were both good signs besides what stylist is going to give a bad haircut to a client that knows where he lives? So I decided to take my chances.

When I sat down the first thing I told Matt was that I wanted to keep my length. He assured me that I had nothing to worry about at his salon. However, as I was sitting in his styling chair I couldn't help but feel overcome by anxiety as I watched him snip away at my tattered ends. A little more here, a little more there. On several occasions I even had to divert my gaze out of fear. When he began to do layer my hair using his special scissors huge long chunks of hair fell to the floor and I gripped the armrests ever more tightly. I had to keep reminding myself that it is just hair.

When all was said and done I realized that I had nothing to worry about afterall. While Matt's cut wasn't done with the same precision and perfection of a Logan cut it was exactly what I asked for and it came out looking pretty good and the price was right. So if I don't go back to NYC between now and the next time I need a haircut I will definitely visit Matt's salon again.

Living Room
22 rue des taillandiers
75011 Paris
01 43 55 66 81

3 comments:

Eve said...

I always get my hair cut when I go to France. But, my in-laws live in a small town in the northeast, so not the fashion center that is Par-ee. However, the girls always do a great job and it is quite a bit cheaper than I would pay in the US for cut and color (see, not Paris costs either).

Evolutionary Revolutionary said...

AND it's right sexy. Maybe I'll go there next time instead of messing up my bathroom...

T.A.E said...

I just stumbled on your blog. I love it!

I'm going to study abroad in paris for a year not this fall but the following fall and I was wondering if Matt also does perms as well or if you know anybody in paris who is reputable and affordable for a student's budget. :) Thanks!