Monday, August 20, 2007

Still No Arrêté

I woke up this morning almost certain that I would receive my arrêté (official French work contract) in the mail so at 2PM on the dot I went downstairs to check my mail. But alas, I have not been blessed by the arrêté gods so the waiting continues (I'm getting used to it by now and it's good practice for when I get to France). If I don't get my arrêté by Thursday I get to harass my contact in DC and possibly she can light a fire under some cul français to get things moving along.

The main reason I'm so anxious to receive this piece of paper is because I need confirmation of my actual post. According to this post and this one I will be teaching right outside le peripherique of Paris but I need to see it in writing on official looking letterhead with an official looking stamp. That way I can reassure the maternal unit, family and friends that I will not be teaching in any of the areas hardest hit by the riots in 2005. But if by some chance there was an error in the email that I received in July and I am by some chance placed in any of those "red zones" that will just be our little secret dear internet friends.

For now, I'm going to go practice the dance that I will perform once I do receive my arrêté.

2 comments:

wcs said...

I hate waiting, too. But it'll all come together. When you step on that plane you will marvel at how fast it all went.

The Un-Ashtangi said...

I know. The whole process has been almost 2 years in the making. What's an extra couple of days or weeks for that matter.