Thursday, October 30, 2008

Metro Riding Tips

Now that I have been working for several months and enduring a tedious
commute to work I've figured out some tips and tricks to increase my
chances of getting a seat and thus making my ride more enjoyable.


Since I've taken the same route a number of times now one of the first
things that I have done is remember where my exislts are. This can be
a huge time saver because the last thing I want to do in the morning
is spend five minutes walking across the platform that time can be
better spent doing other things (five minutes extra sleep anyone?).

Now if you want a seat in a crowded rush hour train the key is to not
stand by the door where the rest of the overflow is standing. If you
happen to get a seat in that section of the train chances are you will
have to relinquish your seat before you know it and you'll end up
packed like a sardine at the next busy stop. The key is to stand in
between the two four seat sections. After one or two busy stops you
are all but guaranteed a seat for the rest of your ride.

And there you have it folks. This post was written from my cozy seat
on the 9 line.


Envoyé de mon iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you wrote this post on the metro! I used to take line 9 and completely agree with your tips!
Happy Thanksgiving

The Un-Ashtangi said...

Hi Kelli thanks for the comment and reading my blog. Unfortunately, the 9 is the bane of my existence but everything else in the city makes up for it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.